PLEASE NOTE: A program update email was sent to all applicants on Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 at 5pm. The SIMR Program will not be taking place this summer due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Program Mission: Please review our program's mission statement and the Frequently Asked Questions page before applying.
- Program Application Info Document (summer 2020): Please read through this document before applying
- APPLICATION LINK: This LINK will be live on DEC. 15th, 2020 (9am). Our SIMR Program uses the Slideroom application system.
- Application Deadline: The application deadline is Saturday, Feb., 22nd, 2020 (11:59 PST).
- Eligibility: ALL 3 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET. Applicants must be 1) U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents with a green card. The student must currently be living in the U.S., 2) be a current high school junior or senior as of the spring of 2020 and in the graduating class of 2020 or 2021, AND 3) be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the program (June 15th, 2020).
- Application Fee: $40
- Application Fee Waiver Request: If you need to request an application fee waiver, please fill out this form after Dec. 15th, 2019. A waiver request may be requested if the total household income is under $80,000 or if there are any special circumstances.
- Housing: We do not provide housing/transportation for students through the program. This is solely the responsibility of the student's family.