Stanford Institutes of Medicine Summer Research Program
The Stanford Institutes of Medicine Summer Research Program (SIMR) is an eight-week program in which high school students from diverse backgrounds are invited to perform basic research with Stanford faculty, postdoctoral fellows, students and researchers on a medically-oriented project. The goals of the program include increasing interest in biological sciences and medicine in high school students, helping students to understand how scientific research is performed, and increasing diversity of students and researchers in the sciences.
ALL 3 of the following requirements must be met (no exceptions):
1) Students must currently be juniors or seniors at the time of application (as of the spring of 2024). Students must be in the graduating class of 2024 or 2025.
2) Students must also be 16 years old or older by the start of the program.
3) Students must currently be living in and attending school in the U.S. AND must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a green card in order to apply.
Important Note: Please read the MISSION link on the lefthand panel. The selection process will heavily favor local (Bay Area) students. Please visit the FAQ for more information. Also, students must be able to start the program on June 10, 2024.
SUMMER 2024 UPDATE:
- The current plans are to have an in-person program for the summer of 2024.
- Summer 2024 Program Dates: June 10- August 1, 2024 (8 weeks)
- The online application and program information document will be available on our website on Wednesday, Dec. 20th, 2023 (at 5pm PST). Applications will be due Saturday, February 24th, 2024.