Stanford Institutes of Medicine Summer Research Program
The Stanford Institutes of Medicine Summer Research Program (SIMR) is an eight-week program in which high school students from diverse backgrounds are invited to perform basic research with Stanford faculty, postdoctoral fellows, students and researchers on a medically-oriented project. The goals of the program include increasing interest in biological sciences and medicine in high school students, helping students to understand how scientific research is performed, and increasing diversity of students and researchers in the sciences.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SUMMER 2020 PROGRAM
All three of the following requirements must be met (no exceptions):
1) Students must currently be juniors or seniors as of the spring of 2020 and must be in the graduating class of 2020 or 2021.
2) Students must also be 16 years old or older by the start of the program (June 15, 2020).
3) Students must be living in the U.S. and must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a green card in order to apply.
Important Note: The selection process will heavily favor local (Bay Area) students. Please visit the FAQ for more information. Also, students must be able to start the program on June 15, 2020.
IMPORTANT DATES (SUMMER 2020):
- DECEMBER 15, 2019 (FRI.)- SIMR 2020 Application Available Online
- FEBRUARY 22, 2020 (SAT.)- Application Due (11:59pm Pacific Standard Time)
- JUNE 15, 2020 (MON.)- Start of Program
- AUGUST 6, 2020 (THURS.)- End of Program