Stanford Institutes of Medicine Summer Research Program
The Stanford Institutes of Medicine Summer Research Program (SIMR) is an eight-week program in which high school students from diverse backgrounds are invited to perform basic research with Stanford faculty, postdoctoral fellows, students and researchers on a medically-oriented project. The goals of the program include increasing interest in biological sciences and medicine in high school students, helping students to understand how scientific research is performed, and increasing diversity of students and researchers in the sciences.
All three of the following requirements must be met (no exceptions):
1) Students must currently be juniors or seniors.
2) Students must also be 16 years old or older by the start of the program.
3) Students must be living in the U.S. and must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a green card in order to apply.
Important Note: The selection process will heavily favor local (Bay Area) students. Please visit the FAQ for more information. Also, students must be able to start the program on June 13, 2022.
SUMMER 2022 UPDATE:
- Online applications for the Summer 2022 program will be available on our website by Dec. 15th, 2021. We will also try to provide an update at that time about the format of the program (virtual vs. in-person).
- Summer 2022 Program Dates: June 13- August 4, 2022